Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Doom and Gloom

The world is a dangerous and scary place. Muslim fanatics (however you want to translate that) want to kill us.

Actually it seems like no one very much likes the fundamentals of America anymore but a few of us conservatives. Europe hates us and gloats mightily whenever anything bad happens to us. (Oh boy am I going to enjoy the next couple years watching them squirm.) Islamic teachings run 180 degrees in opposition to the Constitution and Bill of Rights. We have a president who was raised as a Marxist. We have democrats who are drunk on power now and spending our money like they just hit the jackpot at Vegas.

All we hear is doom and gloom. Buy gold. Get out of the stock market. Buy canned foods. Grow a victory garden. I don't know what you in the cities are going to do but please stay there.

We're in for tough times. For some of us it's going to be a real come down in lifestyle. I'm not sure I'll notice very much because I live a very moderate life as it is. I already have a garden. My car, a Ford, gets over 35 mpg. I got a great deal on Aviva running shoes at Sam's Club last month. $22. I wouldn't dream of spending an entire month's budget on a pair of shoes.

So yeah, some of you are going to suffer as we plunge downward on this rollercoaster. Then we're going to be hit with inflation--the good part is you won't be able to afford those Christian Louboutin shoes then.

I'm not sure I am sorry about this turn of events (leaving aside how much I hate cultural Marxism). People need to have their lives recalibrated and this is going to do it.

But as I said two days ago tracht gut, zain gut and I mean it.

Resume
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

-- Dorothy Parker

No comments: